Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Siddhartha Blog Assignment #2

Texting for Advice:

Govinda: Siddhartha is leaving me!
Phlippe: Oh I am sorry to hear that.
Govinda: What should I do?
Phlippe: Try to move on.
Govinda: How! He says I have chosen my own path and I must find salvation. (Hesse 30)
Phlippe: Maybe you are meant to go your separate ways.
Govinda: Well, we both listened to the teachings of the Illustrious One. We accepted them. We are both supposed to follow the path of salvation. (Hesse 29)
Phlippe: Everyone moves on. Maybe Sid has moved on.
Govinda: Yes, you may be right, but he is my best friend!
Phlippe: Yes, well G2G. TTYL! LYL!

PART 2:

I think Govinda is being a little to clingy because he can't get over Siddhartha. He is supposed to be "finding himself" and personally I don't think he can if he has Govinda by his side the whole time. I think he should go on this journey by himself. It will help him so much more if he is not having anyone put in ideas for his conquest, if he is by himself. Govinda should find himself as Siddhartha is doing, it will help him, rather than dwelling on the loss of a friendship.

No comments: